Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Frustration

I skated the 5:10 p.m. FS at Gilbert... now that Christmas shows are over it wasn't crowded at all, just 6 skaters and like 4 coaches.

I had a very, very frustrating skate.  My spins were totally not happening at all.  Not sure what is going on, it's like I am doing something very funky with my free side and I never start the spin.  The trace is very flat going in and coming out of the 3.  I did like 15 of them and they didn't get any better :-(.  Salchows were also really horrible. Geez.  I am testing in less than 3 weeks, I didn't need this!  Grrr.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:06 AM , Blogger Bruce Grubbs said...

    My spins are the same. Yesterday at Chandler I had a great spin session- two clean sit spins in a row and even a couple of turns in the backspin. Today in Flag- zilch. The annoying thing is that I know exactly what I'm doing wrong- not allowing a deep entry edge to develop, hooking the spin too soon, and not swinging my free leg all the way around.

     
  • At 5:48 PM , Blogger Gordon said...

    Wow Bruce those are (among) my problems too :-) It was better today.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home