Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

More Test Prep

This morning's lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:
  • Salchow -- I was experiencing an issue with my R hand -- I had it back after the 3 (good) but it wasn't coming with the rest of me (bad!) when I jumped and I was getting sort of twisted :-(.  We managed to fix that and also reaffirm progress from yesterday - more height! Yay.  Mind you not a lot of height yet, but more is better.
  • Waltz jump -- reinforcing last night again.  Holding that LFO edge is creeping me out!  When I manage it I get a nice, "light" jump but it's hard.
  • XOs -- the first time through this I only did 3 FXOs and my first BXO was a bit wonky.    The second time I had much nicer FXOs and my BXOs were really smooth!  I was happy with it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home