Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Test Prep

My freestyle lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  I love how I forget that JJ is having me go through the PB test in order until we are almost done, and then the light bulb goes off in my head.  Haha!

Before the lesson I played my prospective new music for next year for JJ.  He liked it a lot.  I gave him a CD of it to listen to.  He asked me if people were using it and I said I hadn't heard anyone using it but I've not been watching much TV skating lately, just no time.

Today's lesson:
  • waltz jump -- Still working on improving the timing of the arms and the jump, and holding the FO edge.  When I do this right the jump feels much lighter and I get better height.
  • salchow --  mmph.  JJ reminded me to slow the 3 down and not rush it; also to look over my leading hand (and not down!) and of course to bend the knee before the 3.
  • spin -- I whined about my horrible skate yesterday and so of course the Coach Effect took over and they were not so bad.  JJ reminded me to ease up, let the 3 happen, and keep the free side/free hip up.  I did a 3 rev spin, yay me!
  • two-foot spin -- I did a really really nice 4-rev spin (wow, I was dizzy!) so we moved on!
  • XOs -- first time through was just okay; had to abort the pattern after the FXOs due to traffic.  So tried it again and they were much nicer.   JJ wants me to go ahead and have a big damn circle!  
  • Lunge -- for once JJ was happy with this, I had been working on them and I got it alllll the way down.   Yay!
And with that we were out of time.  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home