Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

ZOMG!  Pairs X 3!

I skated the last hour of the 4:15 - 5:45 FS at Chandler today.  There's been a dearth of freestyle time lately since many rinks are having hockey tournaments right now.  So when I arrived at Chandler it was really crowded.  When I got on the ice I found that I was the 23rd person to sign in!  And there were, not one, not two, but THREE pairs teams practicing!  Two of them were definitely senior level, not sure about the 3rd.  There was also at least one senior-level competitor.  In short, it was the most crowded and hectic freestyle session I have ever been to!

I was tempted not to stay and just go home... but I am testing in 1.5 weeks!  And anyway I don't like to just give in to fear like that.  So... I stayed.  Being at a session that crowded (esp. with pairs) requires you to really keep your eyes open!  Constant vigilance... and quite an adrenalin rush!

Despite the conditions I did a fair amount of work on spins and waltz jumps and a couple of salchows.  I actually did several quite good spins!  It was gratifying.  Waltz jumps good also. Salchows just so-so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home