Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, December 31, 2010

FO3s & Waltz-8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  It was pretty quiet today, just 6 skaters and 1 coach.

Today's lesson:
  • FO3s -- per our discussion last week I had wanted to work on 3s since I think they are a weak point in my skating -- so we spent about 20 minutes just working on FO3s on the semicircle by the hockey box.  Made some progress in holding the free hip back so it doesn't creep around and make me skid; and making the actual turn a bit more brisk.   I got a little more control of these and was able to place them at the top of the lobe.  Good stuff but still needs more work, of course!
  • Waltz-8 -- since we'd spent all that time on the FO3 it was natural to spend some time on the waltz-8, and so we did.    My steps-forward are improving but I still need to prepare the FO edge better so that it's a solid edge.  Right now it's often not a good edge and I have to fix it to get it to come around, it's too flat.
All in all a good lesson, my last for the year.  Also with this session my Chandler annual pass broke even!  So now all my coffee clubs and public sessions at Chandler from now to May 15 are free :-).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home