Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, February 27, 2009

BO Edges & FO3s


Today's lesson was on the 8:15 FS. Great conditions for my 1st time on the ice since 2/16; I have been out due to a very serious cold/flu bug that sidelined me pretty seriously.

Today's lesson:
  • BO edges -- the usual coach effect, whatever you are working on right before your lesson, they want to look at. We worked on these for a while. My push-off has improved a lot but I'm regressing on the first lobe, so Kelli had me try to keep my skating foot close on the push-off (I was tending to wide-step) and work hard to keep the free foot, if not in front, at least at the side so as to not let the rotation get away from me. This helped a lot. The other lobes are not too bad.
  • FO3s -- I asked to work on these since they are one of my biggest concerns. We worked on them for over half the lesson. Kelli held my hand while I did some, working to have more control and to set them up better, and also working on holding the check. We definitely made some progress. My biggest issues with these seem to be psychological more than anything else :-(. More work is needed.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home