Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, February 13, 2009

Stroking & XOs


Today's moves lesson (formerly figures) with Kelli on the 8:15 FS. Absolutely fabulous conditions for a lesson, it doesn't get any better.

Today's lesson:
  • Stroking -- it seems like I'm always working on these. Kelli didn't critique as to whether I'm keeping my head up so perhaps I'm doing a better job on this. We worked a bit on the FXOs in particular, which led to...
  • FXOs -- in the pattern. Kelli's not pleased (she must have forgotten what they were like the last time she saw them). We spent a lot of time working on getting them smoother and a better underpush, especially CW. They're still way too clunky.
  • BXOs -- Still working on getting the weight back on the blade and de-scraping these.
I had hoped we would get to work on 3-turns but we spent all our time on the above! Lots to work on.

Kelli mentioned that she had been talking (during my warmup) with Leone and Lauren about my skating and the general consensus is (as we had discussed in my last lesson w/Kelli) working to get me to relax and not be so tense. I wish I had the magic formula for this!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home