Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Figures Group Lesson #1


Today I had my first figures group lesson. It was my first group lesson since December 2003! Kelli and Leone were teaching. There were 6 of us -- 4 adults (!) and two youngsters (Emmy and Karly).

Kelli laid out several sets of circles and had us work on FO8 and FI8. It was very frustrating for me as I still can't get around a whole circle on one push yet. I was wearing my patch blades. I'm seriously considering putting them aside for a while, I think maybe they (or rather the lack of confidence/comfort I have on them) may be holding me back. Kelli worked with me and Leone a bit too. She's quite a character.

Toward the end of the lesson Kelli introduced the waltz-8, although most of us were pretty familiar with it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home