Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, February 02, 2009

Pounding Away


Today's lesson was at 7 a.m. as usual, the rink was 36 degrees F! Geez. My hand/arm are not hurting from my fall yesterday, and I was actually awake, but I still felt pretty stiff. The ice seemed really brittle this morning also.

Today's lesson:
  • Stroking -- both directions. Mostly "maintenance"... more power, more push, keeping the eyes up, the usual stuff.
  • Waltz-8 -- we worked mostly on the step forward and also holding the back edge around so that it comes back into the circle. Some small progress.
  • FXOs -- not my best... a bit clunky, and I need to keep my eyes up.
  • Spins -- I did a pretty good 2-foot spin, then we went to the one-foot and I'm still dropping my free side.
Kind of a frustrating lesson. I feel like I'm beating my head against the proverbial wall and not getting anywhere. Grr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home