Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, February 09, 2009

Freestyle


Today's lesson was at 7 a.m. as usual. Weather was a bit icy, and very foggy! We spent our whole lesson on freestyle stuff, prefaced with a discussion of the APB freestyle test.

Today's lesson:
  • Waltz jump -- just a few of these. Sonya's emphasis was on posture, keeping the head up, getting more spring in the jump, and staying off the toepick on the BO edge before the jump.
  • Half flip -- hadn't done these in a while. Not too bad, but similar feedback on posture and spring.
  • Toe loop -- the entrance is better but still working on getting the actual jump. Grrr. They are coming along slowly though.
  • Two-foot spin -- worked on standing straighter and holding for 3+ revs. These are not too bad but I need to work to get a little more oomph in them to keep the spin going.
  • One-foot spin -- I got another 2-rev spin, finally. These are still very inconsistent and I don't feel anywhere near to having them dialed in yet.
Sonya wants me to spend more time on jumps and spins in my practice time -- I've been neglecting them pretty badly.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home