Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, February 09, 2009

Making Some Changes


I've been doing some serious thinking the last few weeks, and it was brought to a head Saturday with the figures group lesson. I'm going to make some changes. I discussed them with both my coaches and they agree that they are positive steps to make at this time.

  • I'm going to put aside my patch blades for now. While I've learned a lot about my skating by using them, they tend to undermine my confidence right now and that's not a good thing. They distract me a lot and that's not something I need right now.
  • I'm going to change my figures private lessons with Kelli to moves lessons. I have some things that really need fixing and there's just not enough time to do that and still learn the freestyle stuff (spins, especially) that I need a lot more time on if I have a chance of passing APB FS this year.
  • I'm going to continue taking the group figures class but I'll do it in my FS blades.
  • I'm going to try to pass the APB Moves and FS tests by June...
  • ... so that I can compete at Cactus Classic in Scottsdale in July against my buddy Jose!
This was not a quick decision, though it may seem like it. I've been thinking about this stuff for months. I'm feeling good about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home