Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, January 12, 2009

XOs & Spins


Today's lesson was at 7 a.m. as usual. There was a testing session later this morning so lots of anxious skaters and parents, but not as busy as I would have thought.

Today's lesson:
  • FXOs -- in the pattern. These are coming along. Sonya wants MORE -- more power, more push, more speed, faster tempo, and bigger circles to match. I'm being too wimpy. But, they are improving so I can't complain.
  • BXOs -- in the pattern. These too are coming along, but there's still a very distressing tendency for the quality to fall off as the move goes along. Sonya was really pushing me to push from the middle/back of the blade on the back foot. These need more work.
  • Spins -- a couple of two-foot spins to warm up, then on to 1-foot. The windup and entrance of these have improved, but it's still usually 1-rev and out. Sonya says that I've improved my positioning, the main issue is that I'm either not getting the free foot all the way in, or I do but quickly bail. So I need to bring it in and commit! Grrr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home