Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, January 05, 2009

Spins, Toe Loop, Etc.


Today's lesson at 7 a.m. as usual...
  • Spins -- we started with these, but I was having some issues with them that I'd not had even yesterday -- kept bouncing off the toepick, couldn't find the sweet spot to save my life so I asked if we could move on.
  • Back mohawk -- we touched on these again at my request. We worked mostly on keeping the free foot/leg close and not getting up on the toe, then pushing from the whole blade and not just the toe. The LBO is looking pretty good, the RBO showed improvement but still a little scrapey.
  • Toe loop -- more work on these -- it's more a toe-waltz right now. I'm getting my feet closer together but it's still pretty scary. It's improving.
  • Stroking -- just a couple of quick laps to finish up. Sonya wanted me to work on getting better speed while keeping good posture and eyes/chin up. So I did a lap each way. It's getting better.
It was pretty cold in the rink -- 35 degrees F! Bleah!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home