Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Back Edges


Figures lesson today, on the ice at 7 and lesson at 7:15. The rink was cold, but warmer than Tuesday... 34 degrees!

Today's lesson:
  • BO edges -- these are still my weakest point. Kelli held my hand through some of them so I could get a better feel for them -- this really helped! I'm just not getting my weight firmly over my skate and standing up straight. We worked on these most of the lesson and they are improving but I need to work them a lot more.
  • BI edges -- just a little time on these. These are a lot better than the BO edges. We worked on posture and keeping the arms more in an "L" shape.
My last lessons for the year! I'm traveling etc. so I will be off the ice for about a week and a half, and be back in lessons Jan. 5th.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home