Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sunday Zoo


I skated the last 45 minutes of the public session at Shiny Rink today. Had a pretty good skate all in all, despite having been off the ice since last Monday.

While working on my back Mohawk (BO edge/step forward) I had a light bulb moment! Namely, the problem I've had where I can't hold the position (skating hand back, free leg forward) is not really due to some mysterious inability on my part. It's because I'm not actually holding the BO edge correctly. If I am able to lift that darn free hip, and bend the ankle so I stay off my toes, I have no problem holding the position. What's happening is that I'm falling onto the flat (or worse, onto a BI edge that I'm forcing) and the drag etc. from that is pulling me around while I'm trying to hold the edge. So... need to work more on that edge!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home