Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, November 24, 2008

Back Mohawk & Posture


Today's lesson started a little late (the rink opened a little late and Sonya was running behind) so I had a good long warmup beforehand. During the week I had sent Sonya and Kelli a note outlining my thoughts on what I needed to work on in order to improve my skating per the feedback I got on my test.

Today's lesson:
  • Back mohawk -- a.k.a. "step forward". We spent about half the lesson working on this, to have a better back edge with more control, then a better step forward. The edge is improving but I'm still having difficulty stepping onto an FO edge, it's usually a flat or FI.
  • Posture -- we worked just on stroking while keeping the head up and a better posture. Eeep. This is not easy and it's annoying, but necessary. Bleah!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home