Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

FO8, FI8, Waltz-8


Today's figures lesson on the 8:15 FS as usual. Unfortunately I'll have to switch to an earlier lesson after Thanksgiving due to Kelli's schedule changing :-(.

The excitement for today was that I accidentally did my first 3-turn in patch blades today! See below for details. Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- we started out with these on a relatively clean patch of ice on one of the pepperoni dots :-). Besides the fact that I never get around on one push :-( I also had some serious issues with the relative size of my circles.
  • FI8 -- we moved elsewhere to work on these. These are somewhat better than the FO8s but have many of the same problems.
  • Waltz-8 -- finished up with these. The very first one I tried (L foot) I totally forgot that I was in my patch blades, and I went and did a LFO3! As I was finishing the turn I realized what I'd done and was so surprised that I almost fell from that (managed not to fall). Later on of course I did fall while trying to do the step forward :-). These are slowly improving.
Kelli is going to start bringing her scribe for us to use. I've been trying to find one but the ones I've seen on eBay are all $75 and I really only wanted to spend like $50.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home