Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Edges & FO8


Today's figures lesson on the 8:15 FS as usual:
  • FI & FO edges -- some weirdnesses with my FO edges. FI edges are pretty good.
  • BO & BI edges -- these are still weak but improving. I'm still not keeping my free foot in front on the BO edges; basically I keep it at the side for a bit then move it back. Kelli would like me to keep it front for the first third or so, then move it back smoothly. BI edges are not bad but lobe size is very unmatched from L to R foot.
  • FO8 -- we tried this at "arbitrary place on the ice". Not so great. The L side circle is much smaller than the R side, and I didn't do a good job of getting back to my start. And I'm not getting around the circle very well at all. Kelli wants me to practice more on the L foot, especially getting a bigger push.
After my lesson I had about 20 minutes so I worked a lot on my LFO edge and getting a better push. I also worked on the FI8 a bit and a bit more on back edges.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home