Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Edges, Still


Today's figures lesson on the 8:15 FS as usual. Just 3 skaters on the ice and beautiful ice as usual (I'm so spoiled!).

I had picked up my L skate from the pro shop Tuesday with the blade moved in. Today's lesson was all about evaluating how that went. My LFO is much, much better. LBO.... hard to say. I think it's better but Kelli's wondering if we've moved the blade enough. I suggested we let me get some more time on it before deciding on further action. We worked extensively on FO, FI and especially BO edges, still working on much the same stuff -- posture, weight placement and body position. This stuff is coming so slowly, especially on the back edges. I'm tending to have my weight way too far forward.

As I was leaving I bumped into Lauren, who I'd not seen in a while. I got to wish her a happy (late) birthday in person!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home