Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, October 13, 2008

Waltz-8 & 3-Turn Pattern


Today's lesson was moved to 7 (from 7:30) since Sonya had no 7 a.m. lesson -- didn't want her to have to wait plus this way I get more ice time. So I was on the ice at 6:45 a.m., lesson at 7, skated until 8, then during the z-break I put on my patch blades and skated another 45 minutes in those for a total of 2 hours of ice time. Yay!

Today's lesson:
  • Waltz-8 -- we spent a lot of time on this, working on holding the exit edge of the 3 longer and working on the step forward. We actually made some reasonable progress.
  • 3-turn pattern -- flowing out of the waltz-8, we worked a bunch on just FO3s and holding the entrance and exit longer. Sonya had me skate them on the hockey circle, hold for 3 counts and then turn. Eeep. Then we went on to the 3-turn pattern and worked both sides, trying to hold the entrances to the 3s longer. A smidgeon of progress.
As I said, after my lesson I skated another half hour in my FS blades, working on FXOs and BXOs, edges and some more on 3s. In my patch blades I worked on all my edges and waltz-8. I'm becoming convinced that I need to adjust my L blade on my patch blades since I have a hard time getting on either an LFO or an LBO. I'll talk to Kelli about it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home