Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Waltz-8 & 3-Turn Pattern


Today's "bonus lesson" was on the 7 a.m. FS, shared with about 7 other skaters including a dance team. It was reallllllllllly cold today! And cold and rainy outside (and dark, of course).

We had originally planned on doing a moves runthrough but I was so disturbed that I'd not been able to retain my waltz-8 progress that we decided to postpone the runthrough to Monday and work on that (and the 3-turn pattern).

Today's lesson:
  • Waltz-8 -- Kind of a carbon copy of last Monday's lesson, but we also worked on the R side a bit. We were able to get this back (more or less) to where it had been, getting the shoulder pulled back on the step forward. I still need to work this more but I feel better about it, and Sonya said my turns were a bit better also.
  • 3-turn pattern -- Sonya suggested I try to make the turns "straighter" to make them a bit less whippy. It helped. Also we worked on the back lobe (I'm tending to get stuck), and Sonya emphasized moving the arms back before the 2nd weight shift so that I'm properly set up to do the BXO. Some progress on this as well.
Test is two weeks from Monday! Monday we will do a runthrough. eeep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home