Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, October 27, 2008

XOs & Waltz-8


I was on the ice at 6:35 this morning for my 7 a.m. lesson. I will have an extra lesson this week, on Friday at 7:30.

Today's lesson:
  • FXOs -- per my request. Sonya says these are better (she still wants better underpush on the CW ones and better first stroke). I wasn't impressed, they seem very tentative and sloooowwwwww. Grrr. Oh well, I know what I need to practice I guess.
  • BXOs -- these have improved, definitely. Still very scratchy (very!) but even the bad side are much better, a real cross and the beginnings of an underpush. These need work too but I'm pleased with the progress on them.
  • Waltz-8 -- gaaaah. I really hate this. On the positive side we made some good progress on the back edge/step forward, pulling the L shoulder and hip back on the RBO before the step forward. Finally! I need to solidify this though.
For my lesson on Friday we'll do a moves runthrough. The test is 3 weeks from today, Sonya signed my form this morning. Grr.

After my lesson I worked another half hour or so in my FS blades, then after the Z-break I skated half an hour in my patch blades. Bleah. Not a whole lot of progress there.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home