Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

BO Edges


Today's figures lesson was on the 8:15 FS as usual, shared this time with a dance team. We managed to avoid collisions :-).

We spent pretty much the whole lesson working on BO edges. I'm having a hard time getting a firm BO edge (both sides, really), not wanting to commit to that edge. Grrr. Kelli says that I am standing up straighter than a couple of weeks ago (so that's a start) but still too much up on the ball of the foot. It's really amazing how much the print tells you if you study it-- in this case I noticed that the print from my back edges is much deeper than my forward ones. Kelli and I agreed that this probably means my weight is being concentrated on a small part of the blade (ball of the foot) on the back edge instead of being more evenly distributed as my foward edges are. Hmm.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home