Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Perseverance


I skated the 5:15 FS session today. Not too crowded, actually -- 8 skaters.

I worked on every element in the test. Strangely enough my waltz-8 was much better today... I don't know why! 3-turn pattern okay, edges were fine. BXOs actually a bit better (still scratchy, but improving). FXOs... I want to continue working on them between now and Monday because I've decided part of my issue is that I'm just not very comfy with the CW FXOs. So perhaps a bit more practice between now and then will bring my comfort level up a bit, I hope. It's not that they are so horrible (though they certainly aren't great), mostly that I still find them scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home