Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, December 01, 2008

Filling The Cracks


Today's lesson was at 7 a.m. as usual. I was on the ice at 6:45 and had a chance to debut my new Christmas skating mix CD. Yay! :-) Sonya and I continued working on our program of strengthening my problem areas from the test.

Today's lesson:
  • Spins -- per my request. I told Sonya that if I only worked on moves for the next few months I'd go bonkers. Plus spins are my weakest FS area. Anyway, we worked on these for a few minutes. First a two-foot spin; Sonya had me work on keeping my head UP! Then on to the one-foot spin. I'm still at one rev and out, but we fixed some issues with the entry. We'll keep chugging on these.
  • BO edge/step forward -- more work on these. Sonya worked with me on really sitting on the BO edge and making it more secure. We also worked on de-scratching the push on the step forward (pushing with the whole blade and not the toe) and made some good progress.
  • 3s -- per my request, since these are another weak area. We worked on the FO3s in the waltz-8, trying to hold the entrance longer and to get a better up-down-up knee action. Some progress, but there's a lot more to be made.
  • Stroking -- finished with just a lap around the rink, working for better posture (chin UP!) and more speed. I think we are making some progress. I'm sure we will keep working on this.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home