Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Perseverance


No lesson for me this morning, Sonya texted me at 5:27 a.m. to tell me she had to cancel since she was sick... "please feel free to practice." That's my coach! :-) This is, I'm pretty sure, the first time she's canceled a lesson on me in the 16 months or so we've been working together. She has a good track record with me.

I'm proud of myself. I resisted the urge to go back to bed, and went and skated the 7 a.m. FS anyway. Had a decent skate... back edges are doing well, FXOs are improving (especially bad side)... BXOs not so much. Worked on 3s a bit and I'm thinking I need to ask Sonya to just deconstruct and reconstruct 'em as I'm just not sure I'm really approaching them correctly. Sheesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home