Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Frustration


I attended the public session tonight; got there a little late but still probably 1 hr. 50 minutes worth of skating.

It was a very frustrating skate, especially for the first hour. Just one of those times when everything feels off and just not gelling. Still, of course I'm too stubborn to go home, so I mostly worked on whatever didn't seem too bad. My 3-turns were just not happening at all. I spent some time on spins and got some pretty good ones; also some time on crossovers and stroking. I spent a good deal of time on Mohawks, including doing the FI Mohawk - back Mohawk combo around the circle. I've decided my problems with my RB Mohawks are really just continuing lack of security on the RB edges; although they have improved a lot in the past few weeks they are still not nearly as comfortable as the LB edges. I hope that tonight's practice will contribute to some improvement on that score.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home