Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Sunday Morning Freestyle


I managed to drag my butt out of bed and get to the 8:50 a.m. freestyle session today. I'm glad I did. There were a total of 5 skaters at the session, 3 adults (!) and 2 young girls, one taking a lesson.

I worked on pretty much all my stuff. I spent some time on forward crossovers -- I'm not sure I see any improvement but I expect I just need to spend large quantities of time on them to be more comfortable. I've been avoiding making the investment in them and that's got to change.

I spent a fair amount of time on 3-turns and Mohawks. I even spent some time on the FI3s. I seem to be getting an overrotation on the entrance to the RFI3. I think Anna had mentioned this to me too, but I don't remember what else she said about it or how to fix it.

I also spent some time on my two-foot spin. I realized what was missing was the feeling of pulling the left foot back off of the pivot; so I worked on getting that back. That helped some but they are still rather weak.

All in all I packed a lot of good practice into one hour. I need to make this session more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home