Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Skating Gear


My St. Lidwina medal came in the mail yesterday. Unfortunately it's a small sized medal more suited to women than men; after looking around it doesn't look like a larger version is available. Presumably it's another example of how people don't remember that men skate too.

The weekend before last I took myself to the Nike factory store to shop for new skating gear, as a way of both encouraging myself to get back into things and to reward myself for persevering. I really like the stuff the Nike store sells; they had some nice long-sleeve shirts with a high collar that are 95% cotton and 5% spandex, so they are comfortable, look nice, and breathe well. I picked up 3, they were on the clearance rack for $10 each. I also got some windpants for $20 each; they are some kind of waterproof material that is not fleece, and not a "shiny" finish; they look really nice and are comfortable. They are mesh-lined so they breathe well too. Amazingly enough I'm down to a medium size now, at least in Nike stuff. Way cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home