Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, May 23, 2004

USFSA Testing


Today there was a testing session at the rink. I went to observe and also to support my friends.

My friend Lisa was taking her Adult Silver Moves test, and my friend Nicole was taking her Adult Pre-Bronze Moves and Freestyle tests. Both passed! Lisa had a fall on her FO-BI (or was it FI-BO?) 3-turns in the field, but they let her restart and she was fine after that. She wasn't really happy with her skate but glad she passed. Nicole was a bit nervous; she had a little flub at the beginning of her forward edges (of all things) but settled down after that and was fine. She did well on her freestyle test although she had some problems on her loop jump.

Poor Anna! She had food poisoning. She showed up for the test but looked like a ghost.

I really enjoy watching test sessions. This was the first adult testing I'd watched, so naturally I was comparing myself a lot. Nicole's stroking is soooo much nicer than mine! She has great extension. For the rest of it, for the most part I tended to think either "I'll be able to do that" or maybe "I hope I can do that." Of course there were some upper level tests (including a Novice Freestyle) that I just look at and say... that's not going to happen. That's okay, though. It's interesting to see what you can pick up, or just appreciate.

The testing chair for TFSC came over and introduced herself -- she says she reads this blog! So a big Hi! and kudos on your hard work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home