Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, April 30, 2004

That Explains Everything


I stopped by the rink today to have some lunch and catch up with my fellow adult skaters. I got to see my skating buddy Nicole, and got a big hug from Anna. It was nice to see folks; I spent some time watching Nicole's lesson since she is testing APB MITF in 3 weeks. It was good to watch the patterns and see how some of them go. It was kind of weird to be there and not be on the ice, and it was somewhat bittersweet.

I took some time to pull out my posts for each lesson I've had; it's at bottom right now from most recent to oldest. In looking them over I have to say that I really have come a long way just since January. Clearly the combination of Anna's talent in coaching and my own stubbornness and perseverance in practice have had a salutary effect.

Two things struck me as spooky. First, the Wednesday before my fall I had told Anna how grateful I am to have her as a coach -- almost as if I was dying or something! Eeep! And secondly, the fact that explains everything -- my lesson the day before the fall was lucky #13. Figures... :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home