Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, April 18, 2004

OUCH!


I attended the public session today. It was crowded. I worked my turns a lot, plus crossovers and spins. I worked my RB glides and discovered that overnight they had greatly improved. I was so pleased!

Alas, at 3:55 p.m., 5 minutes before the end of the session, I was doing back crossovers around the end of the rink when I collided with a kid with an EZ-Skater. I don't know how since I was looking where I was going; all I know was that I heard one of my little buddies (Tate, I think) yell "Gordon, look out" and saw an EZ-Skater coming at me from the side. I never actually saw the kid, before or after. Anyway, I fell over the kid and the EZ-Skater and landed on my right wrist, heard it go "Crunch", and had incredible pain.

I went to the emergency room. My wrist is broken; I will need to wear a cast for 6 weeks and it may require surgery. I have a lot of emotions going on, especially bitterness toward this kid's parents. I hope the kid is okay. Anyway, I'd write more but typing with one hand is very tiring. I probably won't blog for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home