Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

LFI3 Progress!


I managed to escape to coffee club today. I worked a fair amount on spins, with some improvement. I also worked on front and back crossovers, and a little bit on spirals. The issue with spirals doesn't seem to be balance at all -- I'm able to really focus on putting my weight on my heel so I don't feel like I'm going to face-plant on this. The main issue is just trying to get stretch and get my torso down low. I'll keep working on it but since I've had schedule conflicts that have prevented me from going to yoga, it's going to take a lot of work.

I spent most of my time working on 3-turns and Mohawks. Just before the end of the session (why does that happen so often) I was working on LFI3s and I finally managed to get myself to attempt them. I think I did about 4. They were very scratchy and I immediately put my foot down, and on one of them I fell, but still, I count it as great progress since I've not previously been able to get myself to even really try this. I'm very excited about this! The real question will be whether I can get myself to try this again the next time I skate. I sure hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home