Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Spin Progress


I managed to take a long lunch hour today to attend the new TTh adult public session. It was a terrific session, there were only 4 people in attendance! I got in a bit over an hour of skating.

I worked on most of my stuff, although I somewhat skimped work on crossovers in the interests of time; still, I did work on forward and back crossovers, FO3s and FI3s, Mohawks, edges, and spins. I also tried a few back Mohawks. I'm slowly getting more comfortable with them. My FO3s, especially my LFO3, are looking pretty good -- I'm usually able to hold the exit edge and I'm getting a good check. I suspect I need to start working on being able to do them on less of a curve, and also at higher speed.

The main point of progress was the 10 or 12 minutes I spent on spins. I worked on drawing my arms in faster and also trying to feel that solid core Anna was talking about in my last lesson. With that I managed several good spins, and even managed to pick up my right foot on several of them and spin on one foot for 1 to 1 1/2 revolutions. I'm really pleased!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home