Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, March 22, 2004

Worlds Week


I try to keep this blog primarily about my own skating, but with Worlds coming this week I'm sure I'll need to comment about it a bit. The question is, can Michelle Kwan win a 6th world title? She looked terrific at Nationals -- just as energized as she was last year (her Aranjuez program is one of my all-time favorites), but with a stepped-up technical difficulty that will be hard to beat. Here are a couple of recent articles -- Kwan seeks history at world championship and To Kwan, skating's everything. I especially liked this quote:

"I get a lot out of skating," she said. "I wish I could bottle up some of my performances, even a practice. I can't seem to put it all in one sentence. It's just the thrill of skating, of feeling on. Sometimes it's the crowd. Sometimes it's just doing that one jump great.

The love of the sport -- if you keep that, you can skate forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home