Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, March 19, 2004

Perseverance


I attended coffee club today. Anna is gone for spring break, so no lesson, but since I just got my skates back from the sharpener before I went to the rink, it's just as well. While they were definitely sharper, since I hadn't waited so long as I have in the past the adjustment period wasn't too bad at all.

I worked pretty hard today but felt kind of unfocused. Still mostly working FO3s and FI Mohawks. I worked the RFI3, but I'm still coming out on a flat there. I attempted several times to do an LFI3 but couldn't get over the block. Grr. Everytime I think I've convinced myself "just try it, and if you fall, you fall" I still don't quite manage it. GRRR! On the other hand the LFI Mohawk is coming along pretty well. I also spent some time on FO and (especially) FI edges.

I spent a fair amount of time working back edges, and especially the RB edge. It's definitely improving. I just need to keep working it. Back crossovers are coming along, and the forward ones are about the same. I should have spent more time on the CW forward crossovers. Ah well.

After coffee club I got to spend some time talking to Lisa, the adult silver skater who just moved here (she competed in the competition a couple of weeks ago). I really like watching her skate. She said she's been skating for 6 years; Cecilia is her coach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home