Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, March 06, 2004

Saturday (Back Ice) Zoo


In spite of the competition at our rink this weekend, there was still a Saturday afternoon public session, so I went. The public session was on the back rink, which is mostly for hockey; it's colder and to me somewhat claustrophobic. I hoped the hordes would be kept at bay by the opportunity to watch the competition in front, but no such luck, it was fairly crowded.

I only had about 2 hours to skate, and I mostly worked on 3-turns and the RFI Mohawk. I didn't try any of the LFI3s, although I should have. I did a fair number of RFO3s and RFI3s though. I also worked on edges a fair amount, as well as front & back crossovers. I also worked on my 2-foot spin a bit but it seemed very off to me. I did some pivots too and my FI pivot is pretty killer. I should learn one of the others. All in all it was an okay practice in spite of the crowded conditions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home