Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Perseverance


I went to the evening public session tonight. It was not too crowded, but they never Zamboni'd after skate school so the ice was pretty gross.

I worked on FO3s for a while, and a few RFI Mohawks. I spent most of my time working on crossovers, both forward and my almost-backward-crossovers. On the forward ones I especially worked on doing them around the ends of the rink. The secret there seems to be (duh!) to follow my coach's advice and prep for them on the right edge before; that is, when I push onto the right edge before the crossover, I rotate my body so that I can then push to the left edge and then do the XO. It seems to work nicely. On the back XO's I mostly worked the CW ones; I'm getting a good step over and push with the back foot and a good push with the front foot during the step, but I'm not getting much push-and-cross action with the front foot. Still, I think it's progress.

I also worked a bit on my 2-foot spin but without any exciting breakthroughs. All in all it was a good skate, especially considering I've had a stressful couple of weeks and I can see that it affects my skating. I didn't try any FI3s at all, not even the RFI3s that I've done before. I had a fair amount of difficulty just doing the RFO3s so I wasn't in the mood for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home