Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, February 22, 2004

Saturday Zoo


I attended the afternoon public session as usual today. It was fairly crowded and rather frustrating. I spent a fair amount of time on turns, as usual. I even tried an LFI3, and promptly fell. That turn has me spooked! When I try it I feel like I'm turning to go backwards into a black hole. *sigh*

I also spent a fair amount of time on crossovers, both forward and back. I think I need to work on doing consistent forward crossovers so that I can move my comfort level up; if I were to do a number in a row I'd really be moving and I need to get to that point. I worked on my spins a bit too.

I also spent some time working on my RB edges specifically, at almost the end of the session. I had a little success. The key seems to be that I really am tending to drop the free hip; when I focus on trying to "stand tall" and keep my free hip up I can do an RBO for a little bit. I'll keep working on it.

I wasn't able to work on the serpentine XOs, it was waaay too crowded for any such thing. Unfortunately due to a work trip I probably won't be able to skate again until my lesson next Friday. *sigh*. Work sure gets in the way of my skating! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home