Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, February 28, 2004

Saturday Zoo


As usual I went to the Saturday afternoon public session. I did not go to yoga beforehand though; I slept in since I'd had a really tiring week and was up late.


I worked mostly on turns, crossovers, and my RB glide. Some good progress on the RB glide, I had a couple that were decent. I worked mostly the FO3s but I also spent some time on the RFI Mohawk. I also practiced the LFI Mohawk against the boards and I did attempt one without success.

All in all it was an okay practice but I was feeling a little down about things. I think it's mostly leftovers from yesterday's lesson. I just feel a little discouraged about my lack of nerve and wonder if I'm going to be stuck on making any progress because I'm a chicken. Objectively I know that I'll get through this like I've gotten through other stuff. I think it's partly that I see some of the kids that started after me that are so far ahead of me and I'm making comparisons. It's not helpful to make such comparisons. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home