Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, March 15, 2004

Ice Heaven


I went to the evening public session today. It was not at all crowded -- a maximum of 9 people, I think; 5 figure skaters (including an instructor giving a lesson), 2 recreational skaters and 2 hockey boys. For the last 20 minutes I had the ice all to myself!

I worked on pretty much everything, with the exception of the LFI3s. I'm such a chicken. I did spend a fair amount of time on the LFI Mohawk, so that it's greatly improved and repeatable. I also worked on the RFI3; I'm still having trouble getting it all the way around, though -- I'm turning onto a flat somehow. This came up in my lesson, too; I think I need a deeper edge and/or more commitment to the turn. I'm not scared of it though.

I also spent quite a bit of time on front & back crossovers, the 2-foot spin and edges. My FI edges are really lacking, at least compared to my FO edges. I seem to always be dropping the free hip and also I'm too far back on the blade. I'll have to ask Anna about that.

No big breakthroughs tonight, just some solid, fun skating. Awesome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home