Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Workout


I went to the public session tonight. I had decided I needed to focus my practice; I had done a practice outline before, but I hadn't used it in a long time, so I made a new one. My outline consisted of:

  • Forward crossovers - CCW - 5 min.
  • Forward crossovers - CW - 10 min.
  • Back crossovers - CCW - 10 min.
  • Back crossovers - CW - 5 min.
  • FO3s - 5 min.
  • FI3s - 10 min.
  • Spins - 10 min.
  • FI Mohawks - 5 min.

And a warmup consisting of stroking and edges and also some backward glides.

The amazing thing was I actually did all of that. I have to say that the idea of doing 10 minutes of any kind of crossover was ridiculously over-ambitious. As it was I did them in two groups of 5 min. each, and even so I had to stop once or twice in each set to rest. Sheesh.

Anyway, it was a really good workout and, I think, good discipline to make myself do a fair amount of time on each task. I know I made some good progress on the FI Mohawks and FO3s, and though I'm still stuck on the LFI3, the RFI3 is somewhat improved. Best of all I made some good progress on my CW forward crossovers.

Also on the spins, I had made a note to myself to try to lead with the left arm on the pivot. This proved to be exactly what I needed because it prevented me from bringing my arms in before I'd truly started the spin, and so I got much better spins out of it. I'm really pleased.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home