Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, April 12, 2004

Adult Pre-Bronze MITF


I was reading some postings on USFSA testing, and one included the description of the Adult Pre-Bronze Moves In The Field test:

Forward Perimeter Stroking - one full lap of arena (4 to 8 straight strokes with crossovers at ends)

Basic Consecutive Edges - execute four to six half circles on alternating feet across width or arena. All FI's one way, then all FO's, and then BI, and BO.

Forward and Backward Crossovers - Crossovers twice around in a figure eight pattern (ex. two hockey circles). One pattern all forward, one pattern all backwards.

Alternating Forward 3-turns - execute alternating forward 3 turns for width of arena. Two patterns - alternate FI threes across one width, alternate FO threes across one width.


I have read these several times in the link on the right, but while I was pretty sure that was the description I'd never actually seen it written out. Anyway, that's probably the first goal I'm working toward. It's a ways off still. I can't do the backward edges at all yet, and while I can sort of do the 3s I certainly am a long way from doing them as well as I'd need to pass the test. The stroking and crossovers I could probably manage but not with the polish they should have. It's good to look ahead some times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home