Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Update


I am scheduled to have surgery this Thursday 4/22 at 11:30 a.m. MST. Dr. Jabczenski will insert some pins in my right wrist to hold the bone in place while it heals to ensure that it comes together correctly. It's an outpatient surgery but it does require general anesthesia.

After that the estimate is 3 weeks with a large (full-arm) cast, and then 3 more weeks with just a smaller cast. It's not clear whether I'll need to be off the ice for that whole time or not but at this point I'm assuming so. When the pins are removed I should be okay to go back. There should only be a couple of small scars.

Thanks to all who've written w/support, it's greatly appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home