Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Wrist Update


Back to the orthopedist today. He cut my old cast off (alas, there goes all the lovely artwork from the girls at the rink!), then pulled the pins out, and gave me a new cast (light blue this time). Pulling the pins out was a bit freaky. I was expecting it to be painful, but it didn't hurt a bit, he just pulled them straight out. One is about 2 inches long, the other about 1.75 inches. I asked why it didn't hurt and he said the body just gets used to them being there, kind of like an earring. I guess that makes sense. Anyway, I go back June 8th to get my cast off, and then I'll be done. I called Anna and gave her an update and suggested we aim for a lesson on 6/11. I'm figuring I'll go skating Wed. evening 6/9 to get myself back into things before the lesson; I assume I'll need to take it a little easy at first since my muscles will not be in shape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home