Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Sunday Zoo


Usually I go to the public session on Saturdays, but I was out of town yesterday. After doing chores in the early afternoon I made it out to the rink to catch the last 75 minutes of the public session. As it turned out, several of my little buddies were there so it was almost like going on Saturday anyway.

Unfortunately the ice was really bad. I had hoped that there would have been a Z-break around 2:30 or so (session runs 12:30 - 4:30) but apparently they just skipped it this afternoon. As a result I was not in the mood to try anything challenging. Other than socializing, I did do some work on spins, FO3s, and back crossovers; I also worked a little on back edges. These are continuing to improve, slowly. All in all, though, not a very productive session.

I need to get my skates sharpened; I'm thinking I will try for tomorrow since I can't skate again until Tuesday evening anyway. Of course that is for my lesson, but I'll have a half-hour warmup so hopefully that will be enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home