Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, June 18, 2004

3s, 3s, 3s


Today I had a 15-minute makeup lesson w/Anna (makeup from last week). We wound up spending the whole lesson on 3-turns. The FO3s are looking fairly good; right before the lesson I did the best RFO3 I'd ever done -- no scraping at all and really nice. Of course I couldn't quite repeat that. After some time on the FO3s we went to the dreaded FI3s. We spent a fair amount of time on the RFI3, in particular trying to keep the trailing arm up and to get me to look up the whole time, not drop the head. Anna also wants a better initial edge and a better edge throughout; I tend to start on a nice curve which then tends to flatten out, and I'm trying to make it up on the turn. *sigh* After some work it showed some improvement. Then we went on to the LFI3. Many corrections, including the same ones for the RFI3, and of course to keep the free side up. It needs a lot of work.

Anna says the FI3s should be easier than the FO3s, but I sure don't see it. Maybe working on my FI edges will help -- I suspect that is the case. Today's lesson was only 15 minutes but it felt longer.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home