Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, June 25, 2004

Heel Pressure


Despite a busy work schedule today I managed to get another 70 minutes of skating in today; not at coffee club, unfortunately, but at the beginning of the public session. The first 30 - 40 minutes weren't too bad but after that it got pretty crowded.

When I first got to the rink I bumped into Cecilia, the Queen Mother :-) of coaches at our rink (she's been coaching for 36 years!). She commented that I am skating a lot -- I guess people are noticing. I assume that's a good thing.

I worked on a number of things, but not necessarily the things I should have. I didn't work on spins or forward crossovers at all, despite the fact that I probably ought to spend 10 - 15 minutes on FXOs each session since they stink so badly. I did work on back crossovers, Mohawks, 3 turns, and stroking a bit. While working on the back crossovers it occurred to me to try pushing from the heel more on the front stroke (in addition to the back stroke where I'm already trying to do so). Wow! Definitely more power there, although it's hard to do consistently. Of course after trying this it occurred to me that Anna probably already told me to do that... still, something to think about and work on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home