Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Perseverance


I managed to get in about 70 minutes of skating at coffee club today. I worked on a bunch of stuff -- started off with the BO edge pattern (on two feet) down the line, still trying to get the body positions correct. I also spent some time on 3-turns, including the RFI. Not much progress there. A little bit of time on forward and back crossovers, and some time on Mohawks. Finally, the one real accomplishment for the day was that I managed to do some good spins at last. In thinking about this from yesterday I decided I probably needed both to get my weight more firmly over the pivoting (left) foot, and get a better pivot before releasing. This seems to have resolved my problem (for now) and I did several good spins -- slow, still, but well balanced. Phew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home