Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, June 26, 2004

Racin' At The Zoo


I went to the afternoon public session today, though I could only stay for a couple of hours. It was fairly crowded. I mostly worked on 3turns and Mohawks and forward stroking.

Around about 3 p.m. the management decided to have a race, in three sections -- under 12, 12-18, and over 18. I decided to enter even though I didn't intend to push hard enough to have any chance of winning. Indeed, I came in 5th of 6. Still, it was good to push hard for once. It also pointed out to me that I really need to spend some time on my hockey stop. I did a few today but it really doesn't have enough confidence behind it.

I had a fun time, but from a practice perspective it was not too productive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home